updated August 2020
Who are ‘we’?
When we talk about "we", we mean Beyond Coffee Pty Ltd. We are based in Australia but we supply goods all over the world.
What is ‘Personal Data’?
Personal data is any data that could directly or indirectly identify you – this includes information like your name, address, telephone number and your email address but in some cases it may include less obviously identifying information, like your IP Address (see below).
What data do we collect?
When visit drinkbeyond.com we collect information about you and your use of our website. We treat this information as falling into three categories: Customer Information, Usage Data and your IP Address.
Customer Information is the information you explicitly provide to us when you make an online purchase or sign up to receive our newsletters, including your:
- Email address
- Shipping and/or billing address
- Payment information (When purchasing from Beyond Coffee your payment details are passed through a secure server using the latest 256-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 256-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard.)
Usage Data is general information about how you interact with our website, such as:
- which pages you visited on our website
- how you came to the website (for example, by clicking on a link in a newsletter or from an advertisement)
- which buttons or links you clicked
- whether you have been to the website before
Your IP address is the public network address associated with your computer. Whenever you visit a website (including ours), the computer from which the web pages are served (i.e. our web server) needs to know your computer’s public network address so it can send the requested pages to your browser. Your IP address is automatically sent each time you access any Internet website. From a computer’s IP Address, it is usually possible to determine the general geographic location of that computer but often not the specific computer and if multiple people use the computer not the specific user (although if your IP Address is unique to you and is published somewhere or if you later identify yourself while using the same IP Address, it is possible that IP Address could identify you). In the European Union, your IP Address is considered to be Personal Data, and we treat it accordingly.
How we collect data
Information you provide to us directly: When you shop with us online or over the phone, we will ask you to provide Personal Data (such as your name and address) so we can fill and ship your order. We may also ask you to provide Personal Data when you shop with us in-store at one of our shops, sign up for a newsletter, join us on social media, take part in surveys or contact us for help. If you don’t want to provide Personal Data, you don’t have to, but it might limit your experience.
Information we collect automatically: When you visit drinkbeyond.com, we collect some information about you automatically, including Usage Data. There are also cookies set by third-parties that allow us to provide interactive content, perform analytics and enable other third-party features, like payment or links to social media. See Cookies section at the end of this page.
How we use data
- Where we collect your Personal Data, we’ll only process it:
- to fill orders placed by you, or
- where we have legitimate interests to process the Personal Data and our interests are not overridden by your rights, or
- in accordance with a legal obligation, or
- there we have your explicit consent.
The main reason we use your Personal Data is to fill orders and to manage our relationship with you (for example, dealing with questions about products, returns and warranty claims). We also use Personal Data for other purposes, including:
- To communicate with you: this may include providing you with information you’ve requested or that we’re required to provide to you, that relates to changes to our website or policies, marketing communications in accordance with your preferences or to invite you to provide feedback or to take part in research we are conducting. To support you: this may include dealing with any questions you have about our products, or dealing with any issues relating to our goods or services.
- To improve our website: we use Usage Data to help us understand the online behaviour of our customers, which helps us to focus our marketing activities and improve the services we provide on the website. Using web analytics on our website enables us to measure, collect, analyse and report on Usage Data for the purposes of understanding and optimising customers’ experiences on our website. We try to ensure that all Usage Data is anonymised (i.e. not referable to a specific person) unless we have your consent.
- To protect you: we use Customer Information and your IP Address to detect and prevent fraudulent activity when you want to make a purchase from us.
- To analyse, aggregate and report: we may use the Personal Data we collect about you and other users of our website to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share with third-parties.
How we can share your ‘Personal Data’ (and how we don't)
There will be times when we need to share your Personal Data with third-parties. We will only disclose your Personal Data to:
- Handle payments securely (e.g. Stripe, PayPal Inc)
- Distribute direct marketing materials that you have consented to receive (e.g. MailChimp, AgileCRM)
- Connect to social networks (e.g. Facebook, Instagram)
- Deliver your items (e.g. Australia Post, Starshipit, Sendle)
- Target advertising (e.g. Google, Facebook)
- Protect you and us against fraud (e.g. Westpac, Stripe)
There also may be times when we are legally required to disclose Personal Data, such as to regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third-parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations, or to exercise our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this kind of disclosure. We only share your Customer Information with third-parties where it is either necessary to enable online transactions (such as Stripe) or where you have consented to receive direct marketing material (such as MailChimp, AgileCRM). Your Personal Data is never disclosed to third-parties for remarketing or retargeting purposes without prior and active consent from the customer. Beyond Coffee never sells its email lists or customer information.
Your Personal Data belongs to you, and you have the right to:
- know what Personal Data we hold about you
- make sure that all Personal Data is correct and up-to-date
- ask us to correct any personal data
- object to our continued processing of your personal data
If you no longer wish to receive any online communications, just let us know by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the newsletter or other communication. You can notify us if you no longer wish us to process your Personal Data, but we not that if you do so, this may mean that we can no longer provide our services to you.
You can contact us at any time by emailing email@example.com
If you have any complaints or concerns about how we manage your Personal Data, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are in the European Union, you also have the right to complain to your local Data Protection Authority about the collection and use of your Personal Data.
You can control cookies by amending your web browser controls. You can also delete existing cookies from your web browser and/or disabling cookies on your computer and other devices. Depending on the particular browser you are using (for example, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox), this can usually be done by accessing the ‘Browsing History’ through the ‘Settings’ or ‘Options’ menu (or equivalent) in your web browser, or if you are using a different device, then in the ‘Settings’ for that device. Some cookies are essential to the proper operation of our website: if you disable cookies in your web browser, or delete existing cookies, our website may not work properly and your experience with our website will be less personalised and may make your shopping experience less enjoyable.
It is important to remember that if you delete existing cookies but do not disable cookies in your web browser, and then you subsequently visit our (or any) website, fresh cookies may be placed and you may need to repeat the process of deleting existing cookies.
You can also opt out of targeted advertising:
You can also alter your ad preference settings on Google, Facebook and other third-parties, and on the platforms of other providers.
Changes to this Policy